MCEC is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
MCEC Fiber is currently seeking an organized, dedicated problem-solver with a strong work ethic to join our team as a Network Engineer. The Network Engineer is a leader in designing, implementing and maintaining network systems including the hardware, software and other data and voice communications. The Network Engineer researches and implements best practices in networking to provide optimum data and voice services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the network required to provide data and voice services to subscribers, as well as back-office networking required for administrative support.
- Maintains day-to-day security of networks and servers including operating systems and applications.
- Designs and implements network connectivity for LAN and WAN connections, including documentation of network connections.
- Receives and evaluates requests for additional network applications and makes recommendations on required hardware and software to assist in determining whether these requests will meet the user’s needs and function in coordination with our existing hardware and software.
- Assist subscriber support team to enable subscribers to access the network successfully.
- Oversees maintenance of all network devices with all firmware and software updates and security patches and features.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment, observes all safety rules and supports the Mission Statement and Core Values in carrying out the responsibilities of the position.
- Assists in maintaining all data backups and disaster recovery including redundancy, virtualization and backup procedures and rotations.
- Performs other duties as assigned to fulfill the objectives of the company and position.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Information Technology related field or equivalent preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in networking and server administration.
- Ability to multi-task and plan/organize work to meet deadlines, all with a high degree of accuracy with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Preferred technical skills/understanding include:
- Windows Server
- TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP
- Fiber and copper cabling
- Cisco an/or Juniper routing, switches, telephony and security devices – IOS
- VoIP including Latency and Jitter management
- Routing protocols
- Server virtualization
- Broadcast and multicast traffic
- GPON fiber technologies
- Must be able to interact well with internal and external customers, handling inquiries and solving problems. Convey professional interaction at all times, thereby maintaining positive relations. Display and encourage team effort for maximum efficiency and productivity.
- Maintain working relationships with industry affiliations, local, state, and federal associations, vendors and consultants.
- Must be able to organize, prioritize tasks and complete all assignments accurately and with attention to detail.
- Must become familiar with, promote, and maintain a thorough working knowledge of MCEC Fiber’s policies and procedures.
- Must be able to attend periodic seminars, training programs, conferences, civic and professional events.
- This position requires the availability of the employee during bad weather or unusual conditions for all times of any day and night to assist in restoration of service during system outages and emergencies.
- To ensure a timely response to callouts, employees must live within a 25-mile radius from the office. Employees who live more than a 25-mile radius must relocate within their first 6 months of employment.
- Must hold a valid Arkansas driver's license.
This position mainly requires sitting to complete work with a computer and telephone. Some walking and standing are also required, as well as occasional lifting and/or carrying and/or pushing/pulling of various equipment such as routers, servers or switch gear generally less than 20 pounds, but up to 50 pounds. Visual acuity is essential.
MCEC Fiber, Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Mississippi County Electric Cooperative, established to provide quality Internet services for both residential and commercial locations in our service territory. MCEC Fiber offers an excellent salary and benefits package. Anyone with interest should visit https://www.mceci.com/employment for instructions to apply.
MCEC Fiber is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug Free Workplace offering competitive benefits including Health Insurance, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Leave, Retirement & 401K. Salary based on qualifications.
Submit Resumes/Applications either in person at 474 E. State Hwy. 18, Blytheville, AR or by mail: MCEC Fiber, P.O. Box 7, Blytheville, AR 72316.
Application for Employment
Mississippi County Electric Cooperative, Inc. (MCEC) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, MCEC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
MCEC expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of MCEC’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
The application for employment is available at the office or in PDF format below.