We understand that unexpected expenses or circumstances may come your way from time to time. That is why at Mississippi County Electric we try to work with our members as much as possible.
If you are experiencing financial hardship, we would like to offer opportunities to help you:
- Call our office on or before the "shut-off date" listed on your bill to arrange a Delayed Payment Agreement. By paying 25% down, we will defer the remainder of your bill to your following 3 months bills. However, your current bill has to be paid by the due date.
- Call our office on or before the "shut-off date" listed on your bill to request an extension. We can extend your bill up to 30 days past the original due date.
- Call our office to sign up for Third-Party Notification of Suspension. Through this program, anyone authorized by the account holder may receive a copy of all shut-off notices.
- Visit our office to fill out a form for Sales Tax Exemption. Qualifying low income residential members with total household income of $12,000 or less or business members with tax-exempt status may be exempt from sales tax on the first 500 kWh used each month.
- Contact one of the following agencies for payment assistance:
- American Red Cross 870-763-4481
- Mississippi County EOC 870-776-1054
- Mississippi County Union Mission 870-763-8380